This course will explore approaches to delivering Maths instruction during hybrid learning. Participants will learn how to address the challenge of leading Maths activities when not all students are in the classroom and how to deliver these learning experiences effectively. They will also learn how to enrich the process using digital tools and platforms for Maths. .
• Identify the key challenges of teaching Maths during hybrid learning
• Identify the elements best practice for teaching Maths online
• Recognise the importance of sparking curiosity about Maths
• Identify digital tools for teaching hybrid learning Maths
• Identify digital tools for teaching 3D Maths concepts
• Identify ways that problem solving can be taught remotely
• Recognise the importance of keeping Maths accessible to all learners
• Identify strategies for assessing Maths during hybrid learning
- Video content paired with skills checkpoints
- Some additional curated resources (links, PDFs)
- Final assessment (multiple choice quiz)
Director of Digital Inception Consulting, Dubai
Steve Bambury has worked in education for 18 years, ultimately taking on the role of Head of Digital Learning and Innovation across the JESS Dubai school group. Steve now works as an independent technology consultant, supporting schools and other organisations to integrate technology effectively. Steve is an Apple Distinguished Educator, a Microsoft Master Trainer, a two-time winner of the GESS Award for Best Use of ICT, winner of the 2018 BETT MEA Innovation Award and was named as the 2018 Education Trendsetter by EdTech Digest. In 2017, he became the first educator to host professional development sessions inside virtual reality and in 2018 he co-hosted the world’s first global lesson inside VR alongside Pixar co-founder Loren Carpenter.
Certificate of Completion